Rules for Individual Submissions
For a $15 entry fee (or $25 bundle price for entry plus a ticket to the event), each individual photographer may submit up to 3 images for the first-round of the competition. Round 1 will be judged by a panel of qualified judges at an event prior to the Challenge. From the 3 images, the panel will score all the images and select the top 120 images (at most 1 image per photographer) to compete in the Challenge Final. There is no guarantee that any of an individual’s images will be included in the final March 4, 2017 competition.
A photographer whose work is included in a club entry may also enter as an individual. Although the individual entries cannot be the same as an image entered through a club entry.
Images must be the original work of the entrant.
Entrants retain copyright to their submitted images. However, entering the competition indicates that the image-maker has given permission to have his or her images duplicated, and used to advertise and promote future Challenge events.
Images may not have been entered in a previous North Shore Challenge competition.
Individual entrants are not required to be CAPA members.
How to Enter the Individual Competition
- The deadline for individual submissions is February 5, 2017
- Prepare your images (up to 3) to the following specifications:
- maximum width 1400 pixels
- maximum height 1050 pixels
- JPG file format
- Prepare a title for each image. The title will be announced before the image is judged.
- Please name the images as follows: "Photographer-Name_IMAGE-TITLE.jpg"
- Get ready to pay the $15 entry fee, or $25 entry-plus-ticket price, through PayPal. (Major credit cards accepted.)
**Note - the submission process goes through a shopping cart function, once you click Proceed to Checkout, you will be directed to PayPal, after you have completed the PayPal transaction, you will be redirected back to the Image submission page. Please be patient and follow the steps as outlined on each page.
If you are unable to use the form, please contact Jason