34th Annual North Shore Photographic Challenge
Click here to purchase advance tickets to attend the the live judging
Thank you to all the photographers who submitted images, the deadline (Sunday February 11, 2018) has now passed.
|Chinese New Year Parade - Fieldtrip
Sunday February 18, 2018
Meet: Waves coffee shop
(Main St and Pender St) 09:30 AM
If you are submitting images and have yet to register for our 2017/2018 season, please email Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org and bring your fee and form on Monday. Feel free to print and complete the Membership Form in advance. We accept cash and personal cheques only. Questions? Email Susan at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you.
North Shore Unitarian Church
The North Shore Photographic Challenge - Individual Round 1 Judging
Note, this event is free for the public to attend.
We will be selecting the final Individual images for the North Shore Challenge, which will be held on March 17 at the Kay Meek Theatre.
The judges will score all of the individual images based on the same criteria as the North Shore Challenge, in order to choose the best image from each of the individuals who submitted up to three images. If an individual has two or more images with the same high score, then we will conduct a tiebreaker, where the images are displayed and the judges decide the winning image to advance to the Challenge.
We will show a maximum of 310 images at the Challenge including both Club submissions and Individual Submissions. Therefore we may need to eliminate the lowest scoring images from Round 1, which will be determined based on the total number of Club entries. Currently there are 30 clubs participating with 6 images each, which will be 180 Club images, leaving 130 Individual entries for the Challenge.
Judges: Neil leNobel, Ismail Farahani, and Frank Pali
NSPS Volunteer Opportunities Available Read more
|Here is the 2017/2018 photo club List of Meetings. You can now save-the-dates.
When you register with the North Shore Photographic Society Meetup you'll get all the updates.
Places you might want to take your camera
- Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Centre - day or night
- The Conservation Area at Maplewood Flats, North Vancouver
- Bloedel Conservatory, Vancouver
- Simon Fraser - Burnaby Campus
- Quarry Rock, is a small hike with a view of Deep Cove in North Vancouver
- Vancouver Public Library Central Branch
- Granville Island
- Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
- Nitobe Memorial Garden A traditional Japanese Tea and Stroll garden located at the University of British Columbia.
- TRIUMF at UBC Canada's national laboratory for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science