- Image Evaluation
Archive for category Print Competition News
As you know our Challenge takes place in March at the Kay Meek Theatre. Again, we have been asked to have a print display as part of the entertainment at this event. In addition, these images are part of a “People’s Choice” competition, whereby attendees of the Challenge can vote for their favourite print. The winner is given a free membership to the club for the following year. This is a fun competition and people attending the Challenge have always really liked viewing the prints before they enter the Theatre and at half time while they have their coffee break.
We are inviting 18 people to submit prints for this display/competition – first come first served.
There are some things that you have to be aware of:
- This is an “Open” Competition – your choice of subject, but as we are in a public building, attached to a school, we cannot have any nudes, violence or possibly controversial images on the wall.
- The images are to be 11×14”, or very close to this size (no 8×10 or smaller) in a white mat, to fit a 16×20” black colour exhibition frame. Photographs that do not confirm to size or framing will not be accepted.
- There is to be no writing or signature on the front of the image (a card is placed on the front that will show the title and a number for the image, which corresponds to the ballots provided).
- The photograph has to be wired on the back for hanging.
- After the Challenge night, the prints will be taken down and repositioned throughout the Theatre lobby (including the downstairs walls) until the end of March. Depending on the number of people submitting images, we might have a draw to determine which images will stay on display on the main wall, and which images will be placed in other locations.
If you are interested in preparing a print for display, please email me as soon as possible, as spaces are limited (no need to provide a title at this time – just your intention to submit: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details as to timing, etc. will be provided at a later date, but prints will have to be ready for delivery sometime in February and the prints will be on display until the end of March.
Carol Coleman, Print Co-coordinator.