- – Challenge Resubmit Page
- Image Evaluation
Archive for category Meetings
HASTINGS RACECOURSE AND STABLES
Sunday, May 27th – 8:45 a.m. / weather permitting.
Where: Hastings Park Race Track, Vancouver
Meet in parking lot between 8:30 and 8:45 a.m. / no fee to park in Horseman’s Parking Lot
Directions from West and North Van – Hwy 1 South, Exit 25 to McGill St, Exit 26 to Bridgeway St, turn right onto Bridgeway St. then left into the parking lot.
NOTE: space limited to fourteen (14) NSPS members – If you plan on attending, please email email@example.com
Tips (not the gambling kind)
- Excellent opportunity to photograph a ‘unique’ environment
- A chance to hone your sport’s photography skills – horses are fast!
- Joe Gray (Director of Racing) will take us through the barn/stable area during ‘morning training’ with a stop in the ‘clocker’s stand’ (rubbing shoulders with the trainers) to photograph horses being exercised on the race track
- From there, he will take us around the barn / stable area
Safety first as thoroughbreds during the racing season and especially during morning training can be unpredictable; therefore it is imperative we do as Mr. Gray says!
Diana Harris and Margo Dornan
Field Trip Committee